App useful in Milano
Whether you are Milanese or tourists discovering Milan, there are useful apps to explore the city, with its places and its events.
You can create personalized itineraries choosing the places to know or rediscover, add to your agenda the cultural or recreational events that interest you or choose a theme to follow to fully experience the city.
Below is a selection of those that we consider indispensable.
Available for iPhone and Android and Window Phone
1) VisitMilano: official app of the city
With VisitMilano you can:
- find the things you are looking for and find out what you do not know;
- be constantly updated on events on the calendar with information on dates, times and locations;
- discover the places not to be missed and the itineraries that best suit your interests;
- follow what happens in the creative Milan of fashion and design;
- buy tickets for metro, tram and bus tickets directly;
- look for the best routes to move easily around the city;
- find the nearest “BikeMi” stations to get around the city with Bike Sharing;
- share with us and your friends your travel experience and your preferences;
- save your favorite content and receive information on what interests you most, by logging in
All information is geolocated and constantly updated.
2) Open WiFi Milano
This app provides useful information on Open Wifi Milano, the free wireless outdoor network of the City of Milan.
Each user has an unlimited amount of data available for download 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Version Window Phone
3) App WiFi Lombardia
A single access for all public WiFi networks in Lombardy: by entering only once user and password in the app you can access the wifi of the site of Expo Milano 2015, the Lombardy Region, the City of Milan, the Milan Fair, the airports Sea (Linate and Malpensa) and 9 municipalities in the capital.
4) Guide of the city
The guide is organized for thematic itineraries and topics, in such a way as to allow each visitor to find out about the aspects that most interest him.
The QR codes present in each section also allow access to further information on this portal.
In addition, within the guide divided into two maps you can find the main points of interest listed within the itineraries and routes.
The dimensions of the guide (48 pages including maps and illustrations) allow the tourist to equip himself with an easy and manageable instrument, ideal to take with him during the visit of the city.
Available in numerous languages
5) Milano Walking Guide
This APP – thanks to geolocation, to maps dedicated to all itineraries, to interesting and curious descriptions and beautiful photographs – is the ideal companion to discover MILAN for a quick visit even one day, and to know more deeply the city: nine routes, dedicated to as many areas, accompany the discovery not only of the main attractions, but also the less known and evocative corners.
You will also find travel tips, practical information, suggestions for hotels and restaurants, directions for those traveling with children: key elements to plan the visit in the best way.
Download ( by payment )
The list of additional apps to download can be found here
Other articles about Milano