The Palace of Milan was founded by a grant to Milan by Eng. Bernocchi who, in 1931 commissioned to Arch. Muzio to build a Factory at the entrance of Parco Sempione in Milano.
Muzio, one of the most prolific architects of Italian Modernism , designs and builds the Palace in just two years, aided by the counseling and creativity of Sironi that draws the Triportico overlooking the park and then completely frescoing the central hall of the palace
Palace is ready to host the Milan Triennial Exhibition, responsible to promoting in Italy and in the world the Italian Design. His first event had taken place in Monza in the late20's, but it is in the Palace that it finds its permanent home until today.
The Palace of Muzio is thus divided into three sectors: offices, exhibition grounds, the Loisir ,in which there are both the restaurant with the concert hall that other spaces for the public. On the terrace is created the dance floor and is given in the management to F.lliBeretta Firm, along with the restaurant.
So In 1933 in the new Palazzo dell' Arte was inaugurated the second Triennale of Milano.
The following years to the inauguration are unfortunately those of the second world war.
In 1943, during the german occupation of Italy , the restaurant of the building is used as a social club for senior German officers and the terrace finally closed ( they replacing a battery of anti-aircraft! ).
The dance club acquires the Teutonic name of "Ballhaus" ( dance room in German ) and until the end of the conflict is foreclosed to people of Milan who are not supporters of the occupation troops.
In 1947 the building returns to life and so is the restaurant that returns to its original name and is divided into two rooms by a huge central fireplace picking up within itself the restaurant and the ballroom with two separate dance floor.
From that moment on,that is the dominant structure of what is now known as Old Fashion .
1947 is an important date because it marks the re-opening of the Triennale and the process of normalization of Italian society.
Even before the "mythical" Piper, Old Fashion was famous in Milan under a different name: "El Trianon" and was the landmark of the rock 'n ' roll generation.
In those years, the space was managed by the CRTI, the company of radio broadcasts that had in the halls of the theater ( builtin those years ) the first experimental studios of RAI , Italian Broadcast television.
It will be in those adjacent rooms to today 's Old Fashion that will be radiated the first broadcasts of "Lascia o raddoppia " by Mike Bongiorno ( one of the first known entertainers of Italian television ).
The legendary 60's are not only in our memory for large civil upheavals that the Hippy culture and student movements have done, but also how our perception of music has evolved with the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix.
Before them the people listened Nilla Pizzi and her "poppies", after the advent of the Beat Generation they were kissing to the rhythm of "Light My Fire"by Doors.
In this time of great changes the ballroom of the Palace becomes the PIPER in Milan and artists like Patty Pravo, LucioDalla and other big names of Italian music inflame the nights of the city.
But is on June 23, 1968 that the place rises to the honor of music legend with the concert of Jimi Hendrix.
Over 2000 people were present at his performance as a frenzy crowd trying to enter the premises.
After this interlude Piper becomes WantedSaloon where the furniture should remember an old Western Saloon.
These are the years of the worldwide success of the spaghetti western movies.
Unfortunately, the management has failed and Saloon closes in less than one year due of a violent shootout between customers.
Never name was most unlikely for a club !
In 1970 is renovated and called Old Fashion. The name comes from a famous Long drink made of whiskey and soda in vogue in those years that was served at the bottom tambler ( also called Old Fashioned Glass).
It's a Dancing with ups and downs that come until 1988 when, at the end of contract, receives eviction by the City of Milan
Old Fashion was re-founded in 1995 and is the first club in Italy to adopt a leading restaurant as well as two rooms for dancing.
Created by Architect Daniele Beretta, Old Fashion deviates from all the clubs for the artistic vein that accompanies his debut.Works by masters as Cassinari, Musella, Mastroianni, make a fine display in the halls and between the arches of the garden.
In 2001 under goes a make over by Samuele Mazza which introduces Mediterranean and Arabian elements, while in 2003 designed directly by the Cominardi Bros. assumes a characterization neoBaroque.
In 2004, then is the displacement of the Garden from the old to the new destination. The shift also produces an expansion of the surface from 870 to 1300 s.m. and a total renovation of the areas.
The design of the new garden is entrusted to Arch Luca Bernasconi which is leading into the wood iron Curtain elements and a central patio used as a dance floor and events.
In 2006, Arch.Fabio Rotella repaint the interior of the halls by eliminating the appearance NeoBaroque to resurface the old look of the premises Futurist origins introducing also elements of the present modern minimalism.In the same year the club is recognized by the City of Milan and the Lombardy Region as"STORE OF HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE" Unique in its local business sector to be included in this Historical book.
In 2012 change is suffix from "cafe” to “ Club” .
In 2015 subscribed the “ Pact for Expo ” with the Municipality of Milano and is recognized as “ EXPO FRIEND” by the Chamber of Commerce.